Looking for a new job can be daunting, but at a time when many organisations are struggling to fill key roles, it can be an opportunity to further your career and find a better work-life balance.
Why change jobs now?
- Opportunity for Career Growth. By moving organisations you can gain new skills and experience and take on new challenges which will further your career. You might also have the chance to take on a higher-level role which will boost your career and salary.
- Even if you’re not moving up the career rungs, moving jobs can come with an opportunity to negotiate an increased salary, something many of us need in this time of high inflation. A Glassdoor study found that employees who change jobs can receive a salary increase of up to 10% on average. You might also be able to negotiate better benefits like health insurance.
- It’s not all about money and career. You might be after a better work-life balance as many organisations have embraced remote working, flexible hours, and compressed working weeks after the pandemic, which will benefit you and your family.
- Meet new people and new networking opportunities. By working in a new organisation, you are expanding your professional network. This allows you to build relationships in your industry, gain new insights into your profession, and open doors to further opportunities.
What to consider if you're applying for a new job?
Before you start hunting for your new job, you need to consider what it is you are looking for:
- Your own goals and values. What do you want to achieve in your career and what type of organisation and working environment would you be happiest to work in?
- The company’s goals and values. What is the company culture like? Is that important to you and does the organisation’s values and industry align with your own?
- Your skills and experience. Think about what you have to offer, but also what a new employer can offer you to enable you to develop your career.
- Salary and Benefits. Money is important, but so too are the additional benefits that may be offered, including health insurance, flexible working, and the organisation’s wellness strategy.
Let us help you find a new HR job
It can be daunting deciding which is the right move for you. If you are looking for a move into, or within HR and people management, HR4HR can help guide you. We are the only specialist HR recruitment agency in Jersey. Contact us now for a confidential no obligation chat, we have lots of opportunities. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org